Only four items may be equipped at any given time. A player can stockpile as many items as they want to purchase through the Armory, there are hundreds, but they may only equip four at any given time.
There are slots to items, as well – Headpiece, Chest, Waist, Neckpieces, Ring, Trinket, Boots and Gloves. You cannot equip more than one Chest, Boots, and Gloves.
Players keep track of the items they have equipped once they choose to equip them through their RP addons of choice.
- If you’re using Dicemaster, place one item in each ‘page’ of your five pages. Reserve the last slot for your d20 sheet and put your stats in that sheet.
- If you’re using TRP to keep track of your items equipped, list them in a separate section named ‘Inventory’ to keep them distinct from your profile description.
There are a few distinctions on items that should be noted, and they’re broken up into categories that include the following:
- Passive Buffs: These are items that only include a flat stat increase, or have one in addition to their effects. The passive stat increase listed on any item can be utlized at all times in addition to your health, and roll.
- Triggered Buffs: Items with triggered effects are activated when their listed criteria are met (which are detailed on the item itself). When the criteria are met, you can utilize the benefit of that item.
- On-Use: On-Use Items are items that can be activated by the user at any time to utilize their effect. These can be used on-demand.
- Once Per Event: Once per event notes that an item can only be used one time during a Citrine Eagle event, no matter the triggered or on-use benefit. These are often more powerful than other items.
You can only utilize the active effect of one item at a time. Which means you can only utilize one Triggered Buff, On-Use, or Once Per Event Effect per turn. You cannot stack these together with anything but the Passive Buff.